Steps in the Journey
Aspirancy is a time of discernment within the community. Aspirants live in community and participate in the life of a Salesian Sister while going to intercongregational formation programs and deepening their spiritual life. Aspirancy lasts 1 year..
Postulancy last 10 months. Postulants continue to deepen their spiritual life and take classes on Salesian history, religious life, church history and theology. They work hand in hand with the Salesian Sisters in their ministry.
· continue their discernment of Salesian religious life
· deepen their spiritual life
· become involved in the ministry of the community
· participate in intercongregational formation programs
· are introduced to the life of the founders, St. John Bosco and St. Mary Domenica Mazzarello
Notiviate is a period of two years. Novices
· study the vows and how they are lived in the Salesian life
· attend regular meetings with the director of novices
· study the history of the Congregation
· live in a novitiate community and experience community living
· experience working in the mission during the second year
After the completion of novitiate one professes temporary vows, which are renewed during a period of 6 to 9 years, ending in final profession wherein one becomes a permant member of the Salesian religious family. During the time of temporary vows the sister actively participates in the work of the province and continues her religious formation and discernment. After final profession ongoing formation aids the sisters fostering their own vocation and making their ministry fruitful.